Location: Kyiv, Ukraine.
● coordinates NAKO’s advocacy work, directing civil society collaboration, media work, and contact with government bodies and officials to achieve change;
● develops and implements advocacy plans, based on the findings of NAKOs;
● research, monitors progress on advocacy targets, and updates NAKO’s approach to ensure the organisation has impact;
● manages relationships with stakeholders, including government officials, donors, international partners, civil society, and the media; the special focus is on the relationship with the MoD, the Rada Committee on National Security, Defense and Intelligence, the MoD, the Minstrategprom, the NDSC;
● leads parliamentary capacity building project to strengthen oversight over the sector and promote reform;
● ensures that NAKO has clear, consistent and high-impact messages and recommendations for all of its projects, and provides these to the Secretary General, the Board and NAKO committee members;
● contributes to NAKO’s communications work, working with the communication manager to deliver NAKO messages through the national and international media;
● identifies opportunities to build NAKO’s stature and influence, for example through events
(e.g. meetings, conferences), contributes to events organized by NAKO.
Experience and Knowledge:
– Excellent writing, planning, presentation and communications skills, particularly in the development of advocacy strategies and plans that are accessible to diverse audiences;
– An ability to turn complex research findings into compelling policy recommendations and advocacy plans;
– Solid understanding of the Ukrainian defence sector and anti-corruption environment;
– Masters or equivalent experience in a relevant field of the social sciences, such as international relations, political science, security studies, journalism, public administration or a related field;
– Excellent people and communication skills; including the ability to work effectively in teams and with external partners and organisations;
– Track record of engaging with government and civil society, esp to implement policy recommendations;
– Organisational and management skills, including budget development management, time management, and project delivery;
– Fluency in Ukrainian and English.
Desirable (but not essential)
– An understanding of (anti-)corruption, governance or related subject areas;
– Experience working with local and international media;
– Educational and/or work experience abroad, particularly in the Euro-Atlantic space, and;
– 3 or more years of professional experience in relevant fields, including think tanks, NGOs, or academia.
– A ‘self-starter’, able to quickly assimilate new information and to manage their own workload and tasks within strategic priorities and with minimum supervision;
– A highly organised individual, able to effectively carry out project and budget management;
– Capable of demonstrating creativity in applying solutions;
– A commitment to Transparency International’s core values: Transparency, Accountability, Integrity, Solidarity, Courage, Justice and Democracy;
– Ability to work as part of a global team as well as independently.
Application deadline: 15 January, 2021. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as it is ready.
Payment: Monthly payments covered by grant funds. Salary based on experience.
Duration: 3 months contract, with intent to become permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please, make sure to put “Advocacy consultant – NAKO Ukraine” in the subject heading and send the documents as one PDF file. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Should you be shortlisted, you will be contacted by a member of the team.
Note: Transparency International Ukraine is a national chapter of Transparency International, an anti-corruption NGO, which operates in more than 100 countries. TI Ukraine’s mission is to limit the increase of corruption in Ukraine by promoting transparency, accountability, and integrity in both the public authorities and civil society. You can learn more about the organization’s activity on the website www.ti-ukraine.org