The Draft Law proposes to provide the service members with housing at the expense of non-state allocated funds and the alienation or transfer of property for rent.
NAKO analysed the Draft Law and found that the document does not regulate the defence housing issue. Instead, it applies more to the issues of organising auctions, allocating land plots, alienating real estate, and transferring defence lands for rent.
NAKO experts also identified several considerable corruption risks, including:
- Risks of unfair competition;
- Lack of safeguards against financial abuse;
- Risks of non-compliance with the terms of investment agreements;
- Lack of regulation of the peculiarities of using funds received from property transactions;
- Excess and unjustified delegation of public authorities’ and officials’ powers.
A detailed analysis of the document is available in Ukrainian below: